MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (FULL TIME)
Each student comes to FMS with unique professional and personal reasons for pursuing a masters degree in business administration. You have two years to explore, to be bold, creative and learn as much as you can. The curriculum includes a range of courses that take advantage of new teaching methods and the reinforcement of basic skills and concepts. The first year comprises of core subjects. In the second year you take a decision to specialize in a particular discipline like Finance, Marketing or Systems. You can even decide upon a general management degree.
The intake of this programme is 90 participants (with additional 9 seats for international candidates).
1. Candidates applying for admission to the first year of MBA (Full-Time) Programme must have pursued at least a 3-year Bachelor’s Degree Programme after 12 years of formal schooling in any of the following disciplines. The minimum requisite percentage of marks in different disciplines is as follows :-
- Arts, Commerce or Social Sciences - 50%
- Sciences - 55%
- Mathematics or Statistics - 60%
- Medicine, Engineering or Technology - 60% / CGPA of at least 6.00 in a scale of 10.00
- Post Graduate Degree or 2nd Degree examination after 10+2+3 scheme, securing at least 60% marks.
Note : Candidates appearing for the final examination of Bachelor’s / Post Graduate Degree examinations may also apply.
2. Candidates must be 20 years of age as on 1st of October of the year of admission.
3. There is no reservation whatsoever for the graduates of Delhi university or the residents of Delhi.
Applications for admission to various programmes are invited through advertisements in major national newspapers in September/October every year. Application forms are distributed to interested candidates on payment of the application fees. The filled-in application forms are to be sent to the Administrative Officer, Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007 for further processing. Eligible candidates are be called for a written test and/or an interview.
The eligible applicants will be called for a written test, and on the basis of their performance in the test, they will be called for an interview, an ex-tempore and a group discussion. The candidates will be required to produce their original certificates and mark-sheets at the time of the interview. The final list of candidates selected to the program will be announced after conducting all the interviews.
Reservations / Relaxations
a. 15% seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste candidates
b. 7.5% seats are reserved for Scheduled Tribe candidates
c. 5% of the seats are reserved for Children/Widows/Wives of the officers and men of: 1. The armed forces including paramilitary personnel killed/disabled in action 2.The armed forces including paramilitary personnel who were killed/disabled while on duty
Note: The applicants belonging to the category (2) above will be considered only when seats remain vacant after all the candidates belonging to category (1) have been considered. In order to become eligible for the above concession,children/widows of officers and men of the armed forces including paramilitary personnel are required to produce Entitlement Card issued by the following: 1. Secretary, Kendriya Sainik Board, Delhi 2. Officer-In-Charge, Record Office 3. Secretary, Rajya/Zila Sainik Board 4. First Class Stipendiary Magistrate
d. 3% of the seats are reserved for candidates with physical disabilities (as per University of Delhi guidelines).
Relaxation of 5% marks in the minimum eligibility will be allowed to categories of all candidates in the reserved categories.
The fee payable at the time of admission is Rs. 9950/-.
MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION - MANAGEMENT OF SERVICES (FULL TIME)
MBA (MS) is designed to create Excellence Leaders in the fast growing services sector. First of its kind, it is a regular full-time MBA programme geared towards fulfilling the needs of creating business leaders in:
• All professionally managed companies in the service sector with particular focus to MNCs who have entered India or are planning to enter India.
• Indian companies aiming to globalise their services
• Public systems undergoing privatisation and restructuring
• NGOs and professional bodies
In the initial years, the aim of the MBA (MS) is to attract a range of institutions looking for future leaders in the service sector primarily from:
• Financial services
• Health care services
• Information Technology Services
• Hospitality and Transportation Services
• Public Services
Identity of the Programme
The programme of MBA (MS) is one of the pioneering programmes in India offered by FMS at the South Campus - University of Delhi. Like other programmes of FMS (MBA-FT, MBA-PT, MBA- HCA and Doctoral Programmes), FMS as a whole is responsible for academic governance and delivery of this MBA (MS) programme. The Dean of FMS, who is the ex-officio Director of Shanti Prasad Jain Advanced Management Research Centre, will provide the overall academic leadership of the programme; the Professor-in-Charge of the South Campus Centre of FMS will be the administrative head for this programme.
Target Population: Applicants
• Bright students from any academic discipline, without any prejudice, having consistently superior academic record.
• No entry barrier for non-quantitative background students (test pattern of GMAT type) and a batch having a good balance of Engineers & Non-engineers.
• The programme should be naturally attractive for women and therefore a batch should have good balance of male and female participants.
Market for the Products of the Programme
All professionally managed companies in the service sector, particular focus to MNC companies who have recently entered or are planning to enter India.
Though the batch size is small allowing personal attention to each participant, the focus would be to place them in diverse companies, representing the widest range of the services sector possible.